What ever happened to The Great Muta? Did other wrestlers mimic his act by using the hellish sprays?
s***@yahoo.com
2007-02-09 14:39:11 UTC
Muta was a very good worker. Martial arts - and the hellish green,
yellow and red sprays to incapcitate his hapless opponent.

I laughed my ass off one time when Muta inhaled the spray instead of
expelling it.

I think Kabuki might have used the sprays as well, but I might be
incorrect in that.

Anyway, that 'spray angle' was a good one, and one that should be used
again. Only an Oriental could pull it off properly though.
Brian Floyd
2007-02-09 15:00:00 UTC
Muta was the alter-ego of Keiju Mutoh, who runs, and wrestles for, All-Japan
Pro Wrestling. He invented the Shining Wizard move. He wrestles as Muta
occasionally, but as he was losing his hair he shaved his head several years
ago and now wears masks instead of facepaint as Muta.

And Kabuki was the first wrestler to use mist (the `spray' you refer to).
Never recall Muta ever using yellow mist, though.....just green and red.
That Don Guy
2007-02-10 18:41:26 UTC
Post by Brian Floyd
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Muta was a very good worker. Martial arts - and the hellish green,
yellow and red sprays to incapcitate his hapless opponent.
Never recall Muta ever using yellow mist, though.....just green and red.
Muta used the yellow on WCW every now and then - and, for some reason,
the WCW announcers hyped that the yellow version was the most
dangerous.

-- Don